19 September 2007

An abundance of wine

Tonight was a special dinner with members of a support organization of the Philharmonic - The Guild. It was held at the Cordon Bleu Institute of Culinary Arts. My oh my. This post will have to be edited later on because there was, as the title suggests, an abundance of wine. So much for studying.

I sat with my sup and his mother, two guild members and a board member and her husband. Conversation was pleasant, food was excellent. However, the board member had no idea that I was recently hired to be the marketing coordinator. Interesting. People really don't know about me. I wonder why that is. Without recognition, it will be extremely difficult to get any respect.

How were my socializing skills? Abysmal. Seriously, next time I'm sitting apart from the boss.

No comments: