23 November 2007

Vintner Grill - Where's my avocado?

Went to Vintner Grill on Charleston and Hualapai Way with the niece. Atmosphere is clean and crisp indoors. It's juxtaposed against the hard, uniform business complex surrounding it. Almost like a hole-in-the-wall.

The green theme had me craving for avocado, so I ordered a turkey burger with emmental cheese, bacon, and avocado. When I bit into this mammoth burger, there was no avocado. Que paso, Vintner? Bringing this faux pas to my waiter's attention did not seem to faze him. Normally, when you are out of an ingredient, you tell the patron. They didn't nor did they compensate me for it.

Bad customer service = scathing review.

The food wasn't that good, besides. Many restaurants in Vegas have good food, but it's not the mouth-watering, succulent, praise JESUS! cuisine you get when sitting at any French bistro. Maybe one day they'll get the whole flavor thing.

No comments: